Last night, Amalia and Gordon dropped six-month-old Ellie off at my house so they could have a grown-up night out with her parents and brother and sister-in-law. They dropped her off and sat with us for 15 minutes so we could get acquainted and we had a marvelous time, laughing and smiling and talking to each other. Not a problem!
Right up until the moment - three minutes after Mom and Dad left - that Ellie figured out that she was in a strange house, with a strange woman, and Mom and Dad were not in sight. Oy vey....
Two hours and 10 minutes of screaming. Not crying. Full-on screaming. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times....I don't enjoy babysitting babies. And this is why.
Flash forward to tonight, and we were back to being besties! Amalia and Gordon invited Susan, Amber, Jill and I over for dinner, and I was afraid Ellie would take one look at me and have a 'Nam flashback! But no...nothing but huge smiles and giggles. What a stinker!
Ellie was fascinated with Jill's Diet Coke. Every time Jill took a sip, Ellie would stick her mouth against the side of the glass and lick at the beverage line. A girl after my own heart!Practicing with the teething ring!