Until I opt to pony up the cash to buy my own place, I'm resigned to living my dreams through images in home magazines and movies. My dream decor is from the movie Something's Gotta Give. The featured house is a Hamptons beach house and it's pure perfection.
Who wouldn't want to curl up with a good book in this room?
Or make fluffy pancakes or savory chicken pot pie in this kitchen?
Or have dinner parties in this minimalist dining room?
Or wake up in this bedroom with sunlight striking the soft blue walls and streaming through sheer linen drapery?
Reflecting French doors, a linen-covered chaise lounger and a tuffted ottoman? This room is speaking my language!
Take Jack Nicholson out of the picture and I'm in! I think this bedroom is perfection.
I keep trying to figure out how I can replicate the design and look-and-feel of this 6,000-square-foot beach house in my 1,383-square-foot urban townhouse and I'm stumped! I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming for now!
I also love the work of Canadian interior decorator, Sarah Richardson. I don't love everything she does, but she hase impeccable style and taste.
I normally like a clean, soft white kitchen, but check out this showpiece that Sarah pulled together:
She used one color paint for the wall cabinetry and other for the island. I love the glass-fronted cabinets with X detailing.
The kitchen island has three different levels - one for food prep, a lower one for a wine fridge and liquor bar, and a raised one for seating that also obscures the food prep area. Genius. 

I covet the beverage fridge. In my next home...
I think the whole room is beautiful - it screams, "Cook in me!"







