Thursday, February 14, 2013

XOXO Dinner

Tonight, I hosted the 4th annual Hugs & Kisses Dinner, which was so fun.
I made everyone an XOXO valentine's card and homemade envelope that I thought were adorable. Thank you, Martha Stewart!
 
Everyone also walked away with a little red potted flower plant, which I also thought was cute!
 
For dinner, I decided to go mediterranean and I thought it worked really well. I made enough food to feed an army, but better too much than too little, right? I'll be eating leftovers for days!
I made homemade pita bread, hummus, Greek salad, tzatziki, tabbouleh, muhammara, carrot hummus with spiced lamb, chicken kabobs with Lebanese rice, and falafels with a goat cheese sauce. Again, enough to feed and army!
 
For dessert, I made a strawberry chiffon cake that I thought was delicious. Martha Stewart delivers!
 
 Everyone left with their valentines, their flowers and a little bag of XOXO sugar cookies all packaged up.
 I really like this tradition I started - if I can't have a love to share Valentine's Day with, at least I can share it with friends I love!