Friday, February 14, 2014

XOXO Dinner

Another Valentine's Day, another XOXO Dinner! And in keeping with my tradition of the past few years, I forgot to take pictures of my friends at the dinner! Gosh! Why can't I remember to take pictures of my friends at my house?!?!?

This year, I chose to do a "farm-to-table" themed dinner and I loved it! I created invitations that were red-and-white gingham with a twine bow and I put them all in a burlap envelop, Pretty cute if you ask me!

I invited Jenn Johnston (just returned to DC from Germany), Sue Stahle, Alicia Poulton, Laurel Edmondson, Jill Chappell, Laura Bernadini and Susan. It was such a fun group! There was a great dynamic at the table, and I loved it!

I set the table as "farm-ish" as I could fit on my small table; oh for the time that I might actually be able to have a real dining room and a real dining room table! I had lots of gingham and burlap going on and I think it all looked pretty cute.

I gave everyone a wrapped candle and a darling (if I do say so myself) Valentine's card. Amber helped me cut the XOXO cards and I think they turned out super cute!

For dinner, I served some yummy food:
  • Whipped feta and tomato crostini
  • Popcorn
  • Sparkling raspberry lemonade
  • Wedge salads with homemade blue cheese or ranch dressing
  • Crunchy mustard roasted chicken
  • Roasted vegetables
  • Roasted fennel
  • Mac-n-cheese
  • Coconut Cake
  • Red velvet cake
Everyone left stuffed and happy - just how I like my parties to end!

All in all a very fun night and a fun tradition to continue.